February 06, 2007

Polarize People

People are usually attracted to others of the “same type”. If you have much in common with someone, you are much easier to form some kind of relationship with him or her.

Same thing happens with software teams and people. People who like their jobs, and like making interesting things, are attracted to groups of people who are actually making a difference in their company - building or designing something with passion. Others, who want to work as less as possible and are not interested in anything at all, avoid such groups.

This phenomenon works good for me. I have no need motivating the right people in the company to join my team and I don't have to scare off the non-workers - they don't show interest anyway. Both "types" know what to expect and I tend to support their decisions. :)

No comments: